This blog will chronicle my attempt to visit all 30 NBA Arenas during the 2007-08 season.

You can now post comments without signing up for an account. Just click on the comments link and select anonymous.

Contact info: Drew Cieszynski 2637 N. Frederick Ave. Apt# 106 Milwaukee, WI 53211 / 717.676.9963 / acieszyn@hotmail.com

Click below on "2007" to view the first 13 arenas.

Monday, October 8, 2007

In the mail...

So as many of you know, my largest expense on this challenge is airfare. Being that I have little vacation time and am doing this primarily on weekends, I will rely mostly on flying to various cities around the country. I believe I'll need a MINIMUM of 9 roundtrip flights to make it to all 30 arenas.

I started writing to airlines. Most ignored me. Others made me laugh by telling me to sign up for their frequent flyer program as their support. Ultimately I came realize that Southwest would be the only possibility as they are the official airline of the NBA. If the NBA would support me in any way, I would have to use Southwest. I typed up several letters and sent them to every Southwest mailing address I could find. On Tuesday, there was an envelope from Southwest in my mailbox. I was ridiculously excited. I knew this was going to be the break I needed to make this tour happened. I opened the letter and read:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You may or may not be able to read the image above. It can all be summed up in a single line: "While we sincerely appreciate your enthusiasm, we must regretfully decline (to help you in any way). " As you can guess, this was a very defeating blow to the tour. No airline support will increase the cost likely anywhere from $5,000 - $10,000. Selling a Damian Miller bobblehead on eBay won't get me anywhere near that number. This is where it gets scary, and I ask myself how I'm going to come up with the money to do this....

Well, I won't end this post on a sour note...so yes, I received another piece of mail this week. This particular item stems from the fact that I'm constantly going to be on the go over the next 6 months, and I've got to eat. I plan on stopping at as many different fast food restaurants along the way too, so I tried writing to some of them.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I received the above letter from White Castle and the envelope was filled with coupons for free burgers and chicken sandwiches. Wonderful! Thank you White Castle for supporting the tour!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Milwaukee, WI, United States